Polymyalgia Rheumatica .

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been on Prednisilone for circa 7 years or more and have been trying to get off Prednisilone but to no avail.

I have been able to reduce slowly from 10mg to 2mg but can get no lower as the pains flare up again .

After various tests with a Rheumatologist she told me that I don't have Polymyalgia . I told her that when the pains started my GP said you have Polymyalgia and prescribed Prednisilone and said the pains will go away after 2 days which was correct .

A side effect of taking Prednisilone was that my blood pressure rose to a very high level 200/90 and I now take 3 blood pressure tablets each day and was told at the hospital that I must get off taking prednisilone as this was the cause .

I would be interested to hear any suggestions to stop having to take prednisilone

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.