Popping in my right ear for 8 months

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I am a 30 year old male and last year I had a cold that caused my right ear to block. It took blocking my nose and applying a large amount of pressure to unblock it (it was quite painful after). I went to the GP and they inspected my ear and said that I hadn't done any damage and that it should clear once the cold does.

For 3 months after the cold I had small pressure build ups in my right ear but I could easily pop them by opening my jaw. I went to the GP again anyway as I was getting fed up with the popping and they told me I had EDT and that taking an allergy nasal spray will clear the issue within 3 months.

It has now been 3 months of taking the nasal spray and still every time I open my jaw my right ear pops (sometimes left as well). If I keep my jaw closed I barely notice the pressure but I notice it enough to unconsciously open my jaw. As it has been 6 months since the cold is it something I should worry about like a cancer?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.