Possible blip? Anxiety after 6 years medicated.

Posted , 6 users are following.

so ive been on sertraline 6 years altogether and was doing fab!! im on 100mg. 6 days ago i had a trigger which set my anxiety off and i felt like i did at the beginning of my journey, the intrusive thoughts and everything else. It does seem to of calmed a little bit just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a set back over the years and been like this? how long for it to calm down again?

before my trigger i had been poorly with a sickness bug so missed a couple of tablets, although ive missed a couple before and was fine.

is this a blip? and will i be back to myself

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Edited

yes, it’s most likely a blip. I think you’re gonna be fine. These medication‘s are not always 100%. Sometimes we could be surprised by feeling great for a long time and then suddenly we get hit with anxiety. There’s no cures for anxiety. There are only ways to help manage it. So it can pop up any time out of nowhere. i’ve had it since age 5 for no apparent reason. My parents were wonderful. I had a great childhood. There are studies that conclude anxiety is a bio chemical condition. it’s not always caused by something from the outside, but mostly internally. So sometimes it feels like it’s out of our control. so just do your best to manage it, and when it pops up, try not to overreact to it because it will stay and possibly feel worse. Just try to have a matter of fact attitude. That has helped me a lot!

• Posted

@jan34534 thank you for your reply, i dont feel as bad as i did just want to be back to myself again! its been a week jow hoping it wont be much longer

• Posted

i do feel a tad better then i did i wake up with morning anxiety, by dinnertime/afternoon i do feel better i cant remember how long it takes for morning anxiety to go away

• Edited

stupid triggers never seem to go away

• Posted

mine do, i was fine for ages and can usually block triggers but this one as just a tad harder i do seem to be getting better

• Posted

don’t you find an old trigger or a soft spot will start getting sore again if you find yourself feeling blue?

• Posted

no not really, i was fine for along time a few years to be truthful was only this time i had this blip that its taken a little to sort out, think its starting to sort itself out now

• Posted

@scot39752@ sorry xant see your reply is waiting to be moderated

• Posted

So on Thursday I will hit the 2 week mark from when my blip started, I do still have morning anxiety but it’s much better by dinner time so hoping this is a good sign! Just want the morning anxiety to go now!

• Posted

can i please ask what symptoms of anxiety you are showing im going through the same at the moment and just want to see light at the end of the tunnel

thank you

• Posted

i get heart palps, scared feeling, feeling of dread, shakes, just want to curl into a ball and not move. if it gets bad i get intrusive thoughts x

• Posted

hope you feel yourself again soon. i cant seem to sleep past 5am where i was up hot and in a panic which then last all day

• Posted

25/01/24

apetite is back and im feeling more normal as the days go on. still wake up with a shakey feeling inside (not outside) but i get up and carry on and it goes away so im able to carry n my day with ease

• Posted

This is quite weird, I feel like I'm having a 'blip' as well (albeit my blip is lasting several months now) and morning anxiety is one of my main symptoms at the moment.

I can feel ok (ish) going to bed and then I often wake up at 3am with adrenaline and anxiety rushing through me. When I do get up at say 7am, I have about an hour of feeling anxious/stressed which subsides.

I believe there is a name for it - Cortisol Awakening Response. Not sure if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.