possible causes for my vertigo episodes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I realise there are so many causes of vertigo but i wondered does anybody know what could potentially cause these symptoms?

I have an occasional vertigo sensation when i look down and am stood still. It's more a pulling/dropping sensation than a spinning one at the moment. More noticeable when i have a backpack on. If i sway at the hip slightly, i feel like i'm on a boat. This is not everytime however.

I find i became slightly unsteady when carrying a shopping bag. Like there's a disconnection between my arms carrying the bag and my head and that my head isn't firmly secured (if that makes sense). This is even more pronounced when i go from inside to outside and sensory input changes (warm air to cold air, soft floor to hard floor). I recently graduated from university and the hat they gave me threw off my senses aswell. I could feel my neck struggling to assess where the weight of the hat was.

When i get off of an elevator, I feel the g forces for a good few minutes afterwards, especially when either looking down or moving on the same spot. And all of the above symptoms become amplified

I have had periods where i lose all low frequency hearing in my left ear (can last for days), so i cannot hear music basslines for example. So far, this hearing has returned to what i consider normal each time.

When face with social situations like talking to people whilst standing up or walking through crowded shops, i literally feel like i am seconds from passing out. I simply do not feel steady enough to do it.

Few things. I had a brain and spine mri which revealed mild low lying tonsils and scheuremanns kyphosis. I also have extremely bad dental occlusion and my neck is extraordinarily tight. I get very noticeable cracks around c7 all the way up.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.