Possible herpes? Diagnosed yeast infection and tonsilitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 7 days ago my clitoris started to become very sore, with some white stuff around it. The next day my throat starts hurting. On Wednesday I went to the doctor and he swabbed and said it was a yeast infection. The next day I go to a clinic for a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, and white gunk on tonsils along with white dots. The gyno gave me diflucon, and now on saturday, no help whatsoever, I now have these white sores around the outside on labia, rough skin. Still have thick sticky discharge, kind of off white?

I desperately need help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello jade,

when i had my first outbreak i had tonsilitis, swollen lymph nodes and high fever as well. its usual for the virus to get active when the immune system is weak . Didnt you feel any better with diflucon? A yeast infection is easier to treat. Are these white sores like blisters with fluid?  Now the symptoms of herpes are characteristic enough. At first you feel itchy and you wanna scratch it again again. The most painful stage that you have to prevent , its when the blisters become small sores. At this stage , you are in pain , you cant even touch these sorew and the urination( if the sores are in the inside of vagina) is very painful.. Have you recently had a sexual contact unprotected? 

• Posted

No the diflucon really hasn't done much, still have the white discharge.. I never really had an itch, more of a painful burning when touched. The painful urination is subsiding. The sores are small and red with a white center, I haven't caught any burst yet but when they first came they were very painful. They are all a bit harder now. I didn't know if that was yeast infection inside pores where I had recently shaved? Or if it was herpes.. Hopefully this gyno is opened on memorial day so I can get some answers!
    • Posted

I've also been with the same guy since October, and any unprotected contacted is in no means recent, since he thinks he is clean/has never shown symptoms
    • Posted

when i had my first OB i thought it may be a yeast infection. so when i called the gyno ,she told me that that a yeast infection cant be so painful and it may be an herpes. as you describe me , these sores may be a symptom of herpes. the severness of herpes symptoms vary from person to person.  you could also visit a dermatologist as the STDs are in the field of a dermatologist as well. i was diagnosed with herpes 2 by a dermatologist. and you can have a blood test also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.