Possible HSV2 Encounter (pictures)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Around September 2023, I had an encounter with someone who disclosed to me afterwards that they have HSV2. However, they stated they had not had an outbreak in years and that they were never formally tested for it (could be lying). Our contact consisted of some grinding (both in underwear/shorts) and POSSIBLE hand in genital area but never directly on eithers part. A day or so later, I noticed 1 or two red bumps in my genital area, which I thought nothing about till 2 days after that I received the news that I stated earlier in the post about her having hsv2. These Bumps seem to came and went over the course of a week or so and there was never that many active at once, maybe 1 or 2. I was also really anxious and recall picking and pushing on them a lot which may have caused this to last longer than it did. I have never had any other symptoms or anything since. Once again, there was never any direct contact between our genital regions during this encounter and she did not currently have an outbreak present (if she even had it in the first place). My main cause of anxiety is due to the convenient timing of this after the encounter (1 day later)v even though there was no direct contact.

I have attached some pictures, the bumps seemed to pop up, go away within a day or so and then come back. There was never any clusters or any of the telltale genital herpes symptom and no real pain unless I was pushing on them and even then it was minimal. I shaved after noticing the bumps.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

its really hard to tell, they dont seem to look like blisters or sores.. did the grinding perharps cause irritation ? To be sure have blood tests done for HSV , it could be something else.

• Edited

I have no idea. The first bumps went away within like a day or two and then one or two more appeared and then the same thing, it lasted about 7-10 days I think before everything was gone but around the 5th day there was nothing really, just slight redness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.