Possible IBS/IBD or cancer (pic of stool)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to reach out to see if anyone can help regarding any issues im having. I started to notice that around January I was seeing different stool shapes. Sometimes its sausage like, other times it is like the pic above and comes+goes. Sometimes it floats and sometimes it doesnt. Ive also noticed these little black specs in the stool sometimes with red flakes (I do add red pepper to a lot of my meals so it could be that). Lately, over the past week or two, Ive been experiencing slight nausea in the morning and aching (not extreme pain, more of an ahhh pain). It could be dehydration since I work a stressful quota based job where I do not get a lot of water throughout the day and sit all day, but even when I drink water, it still appears at times. I do a lot of IF, so maybe Im not eating enough fiber with each meal. In the past however, I rarely got stools that looked like this even when I had days where I didnt eat a lot of fiber. Maybe its a vitamin deficiency that i dont know about or my metabolism is out of whack. Idk. Hoping for the best. Any help would be appreciated!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi. I think you should contact your doctor immediately. It sounds like you have colon cancer. The longer it takes to get diagnosed, the less effective the treatment is.

• Posted

Hi, hope you are well. Have you been to a doctor?

• Posted

Hi, hope you are well. Have you been to a doctor?

• Posted

hi I hope you are okay what is the doctor told you?

• Edited

mine is looking the same.. can u tell me what u found out plz?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.