Possible side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

@My wife is a metastatic Breast cancer.Currently she is taking Ibrance 75 mg & Letrozol 2.5.Also uses FENTANYL 100mg patch every 72 hs.Past 2 weeks shes been suffering 2 episodes of up to 12 consecutive hours of shaking,restlessness.BRAVE woman!!!SHE WONT GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!NEXT ONCOLOGIST APPT IN 2 weeks.Now i will like to compare the symptoms that im describing to one of them persons that smoke synthetic grass.THATS HOW MY WIFE BEHAVES FOR CONSECUTIVE HOURS.LATER AFTER THE EPISODES SHE IS BACK TO HERSELF.Any commenta that would aleviate my worries until next appt.SHE DONT LET ME TAKE HER TO THE LOCAL ER.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT I FORGOT TO MENTION,ITS BEEN A COUPLE OF TIMES SHE FORGET TO CHSNGE THE PATCH ON TIME,SOMETIMES 6to 9 hrs transpired until i realize and tske action.

• Posted

it is because she has forgotten to change her patch that she is suffering from these symptoms. these are classic withdrawal symptoms. please remind her about the patch. if I forget (and I'm on 50mg) I get very tired, then cramps, sickness, diarrhoea and then the shakes.

sending you best regards

Angela

• Posted

Thanks for taking time to help me and my wife feel better,I assure it wont hsppen agsin.Like I comment before Im taking over the patching business.

Enjoy your Holiday in family xxxx

• Posted

Im so sorry to hear all you and your wife ate going through.

your wife really needs to be seen by a medical dr,

I do know if she is not getting a new patch on exactly 72 hrs, she will start to withdrawl.

When I was on fentanyl, 75-200mg, it was every 48 hrs, because the longer your on these mediciations, the liver processes faster and faster, initially it was every 72 hrs.

PRAYING and HOPING things improve!

• Posted

Thanks for your advice,it makes so much sense.We will see the Oncologist soon and i will bring it up.

And im taking over the pstching business..

THANKS AGAIN!!HOPING YOU HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY WITH YOUR FAMILY

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.