Possible slipped gastric band?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have a feeling that my gastric band has slipped or there is some other issue with it and am not sure what to do.

As background I was banded in 2006 in Belgium and was only 19 at the time. Fast forward to 2010 - I have my gallbladder removed and the band appears to have been damaged and can no longer be filled so is empty. I did no follow up as I couldn't afford it and lost weight on my own!

I had my second baby last year and had awful morning sickness with constant wretching. I also struggled to eat towards the end but put this down to pregnancy. Since having my baby I cant really eat properly and am sick after even the most basic meals. I have also started getting the most horrible acid reflux and chest pain when I eat.

I know this can ve a medical emergency but its obviously been going on a while but I have two small children and I cannot live like this. My toddler has started copying me being sick and the pain is getting worse. I cannot afford to pay to have the band out and I literally have no idea what to do. Do I go to my GP and explain? I feel awful expecting the NHS to help but I cant afford to go private and have no clinic to ask as it was 17 years ago in Belgium!

Any similar stories advice welcome!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.