Possible Thallium Poisoning

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

This happened about 5-6 years ago but one day I woke up with symptoms of stomach pain, diarrhea, numbness in my arms and lower extremities, weakness, sharp pain in lower back, insomnia, hair loss, diffculty breathing (by the way I was only 22 years old- healthy and use to hit the gym without a problem)... these symptoms were so sudden it was one thing after another with a few weeks. 4 months later I had was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Over the years the numbness, stomach and other pains dwindled away. Then once again a few years later these symptoms returned with extreme hair loss/alopecia. I suspected that the group of people I was living with during that entire time might be poisoning me due to some unfavorable circumstances especially how most of my symptoms matched that of thallium poisoning. So eventually I decided to do thallium testing with the test result coming back normal. However, the test only detects for exposure within 4 days or less. I know that thallium poisoning can also mimic autoimmune diseases or trigger autoimmune disease if left undiagnosed. But the crazy part is most of my symptoms have resolved since then. No sharp pains, no stomach aches, no numbness, weakness, and my hair has all grown back which again tends to happen after thallium poisoning.

So my question is- are there any tests that detect thallium years after being exposed or is it something that needs to be done within days/months.

Thanks for the help in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.