Possible vasculitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I have a petechial rash all over my legs and up to my middle, it is very prickly and I get small round bruises and some red spots. My doctor thinks it is vasculitis my blood tests and urine dip were normal but she said she expected that I need my clotting studies repeated as there was a problem. I am awaiting both dermatology and allergy appointments,.

I can't say I feel ill but I don't feel right, headaches which I never suffer from abdo pain!, painful eye and shooting pains in my hand and feet

does any of this fit with vasculitis please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi yes it does really. I have a type if vasculitis and am familiar with your symptoms. However they are general symptoms and could be something else. On balance there is a good chance your doc is right. You are fortunate to have a good well informed doctor. There are many treatments which are effective if it is that. Don't feel too disheartened if that is the diagnosis you get.

• Posted

Hi. Mine also started with that rash. You're in a good position as your GP is obviously on the ball. Bloods and other tests don't always give the picture; mine are always normal ranges, but the history as a whole has to be taken into account.

It is great your GP is referring you. It's a good idea to keep photos of the rashes and a diary of signs and symptoms ready for your appointments as it's helpful for the doctor and good for you to have to look back on to measure improvement etc.

Hope things move forward soon for you.

• Posted

Thank you, I may have some questions if that would be ok? Thank you for your prompt responses.

• Posted

It does seem to be a problem with blood flow. I am sure the doctors will point you in the right direction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.