Post Covid -- Anybody else experiencing weird symptoms?

Posted , 13 users are following.

** I have been recovering from Covid but am still having challenges. The most significant regards feeling somewhat light headed as I drive or walk around. In turn, my stomach starts to feel nauseated because of feeling kind of a motion sickness. I find myself just staring at a wall or something on occasion as I feel totally in a fog. I am tired a lot and find laying down for a few minutes does help. Does any of this relate to anybody else? Am I going crazy?

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have been feeling light headed/dizzy as well. Also have mild headaches, mostly in the area of my forehead. Been about a month now. Do you feel any better, i see this post is about six weeks old?

• Edited

I been having the almost same symptoms. Not sure if I got covid or a reaction from the Moderna booster shot. It started around Christmas time. Which was about a week after the booster. Woke up in the middle of the night with severe dizziness. It was followed by a pain in my stomach. Over time I found if I eat the pain and dizziness goes away. Come to find out that a person that want to the same party as I went to at that time also has the same exact issues. So not sure if I caught Covid, never got tested because I had no symptoms. But never know when I will get once of those dizziness flare ups. Hopefully this goes away.

• Edited

You are not crazy - this is a weird illness.

Do not hesitate to demand good treatment from you doctors.

For me I have throat/sinus pressure (bad), indigestion, anxiety, depression.

best regards,

• Edited

It could be POTS - postural... something syndrome. That means your nervous system cannot regulate autonomous functions properly. This is temporal. I have dizziness, heart palpitations and arrhythmia episodes after almost any physical activity or stress. I have read that this must go away in up to 4 month. My doctor says we still have to take walks, do some activities, to give some work to our bodies, while it relearns how to behave.

• Posted

How is everything now? the racing heart from the fever is the worst. How long did yours take to go away?

• Posted

No, you are not going crazy. I am just getting to what I would hope to be the end of having covid, I have only had it for 7 days but I keep getting crazy amounts of anxiety and definitely the brain fog. I have never had such terrible anxiety in my life! And of course I am paranoid that it will turn into long covid. Here's hoping not. I hope you have seen some improvements since you posted this. Cheers

• Posted

No, you're not going crazy. I've had Covid 3 times since December 2020 and now have an array of different post covid manifestations.

First, the dizziness could be Vertigo. It's a common post covid side effect. I was diagnosed with that a couple weeks after having it the first time and still have bouts of it but my Dr. prescribed Meclezine (spelling?) for that which helps greatly with the dizziness and nausea.

A week before I had it the first time I developed these lesions on my feet that looked like red angry blisters. They showed up between my fingers too. It was painful and there were/are days when I can't wear shoes. It disappeared after I recovered from Covid but then reappeared each time I had Covid again (which was 2 more times after the first time)...AND because I am autoimmune anyway, it pops up now when I so much as get the sniffles.

I also have this weird thing that happens to my face. It too happened a week before I had Covid the first time....and spontaneously happens ever since.

First my eyes will become blood shot. Then my face will turn a fiery red like I had been scalded and become so very hot. My face gets puffy...my eyes get puffy...And then the next day it's completely gone. BUT ...the weirdest thing is two weeks later my face will peel like I had literally been burned.

My Dr. is stumped. He doesn't know what is happening...So no...you're not crazy.

• Posted

Got Covid back in early May. Since then I have had covid pneumonia ( seen on Chest ctscan) bloodwork was crazy. Doc put me on Doxy, advair inhaler and rescue inhaler.. I still had incredible sore throat, fatigue, insomea, and BMS issues. Wondering if anyone else is feeling these long symptoms especially the sore throat. thanks

• Posted

I've had weird symptoms, but quite different reactions catching Covid before and after the vaccines. Here is my history:

April 2020: I caught Covid and had no symptoms except that my breathing deteriorated over the course of 1 or 2 weeks and I developed fatigue where I'd just have to sit down a lot and catch my breath. I just rested at home and was okay to start exercising gently again after about a week. Gradually over the next 2-3 months I recovered back to full lung capacity and had no other long term effects.

July 2021: I had my first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine and had a troubling reaction: within 5 minutes I had hot flushes and my heart rate shot right up. After 15 minutes of lying down I was okay to leave the clinic and go home. Later that day I drove my car to work and had a severe panic attack while driving (I would continue to have these panic attacks for the next 6 months, though gradually they faded but I avoided driving as well as caffeine). The few days following that vaccine I had weird sensations like a cold rush to my brain and half my body going numb. I went to the hospital thinking it was a stroke but they only checked basic things and turned me away. Presumably they suspected it was a panic attack - I wished they'd told me that instead of me having to figure it out for myself. Anyway, gradually these symptoms faded and life got back to normal...

September 2021: Second dose of AstraZeneca: all clear! No reaction.

March 2022: Booster dose of Moderna: all clear! No reaction.

June 2022: Caught Covid for the 2nd time and spent a week in bed with strong flu symptoms, similar to some other bad flues that I'd had in the past though a notable difference was that when I moved, like sitting up in bed or standing up, I'd get like a ringing/flashing sort of feeling in my brain, sort of like a headache but not so much an ache as a flood of sensation (sorry, that's the best I can describe it). Anyway, after a week I was back on my feet and 2 weeks later I was about 100%. However in late June/ early July I started getting some mild pain/discomfort around my heart, especially when I was active at work or riding my bike. This discomfort became more noticeable and I was also getting dizzy when on my feet for too long, especially when standing still. Then I began noticing my heart skipping beats, particularly at night time as I lay down to sleep. I went to the doctor several times and eventually had a Holter monitor fitted and sure enough it showed "extremely frequent Ventricular Ectopics". I'm still having these VEs now (September 3rd 2022) however they seem to be happening less frequently and aren't troubling me as much. Hopefully by the end of this month they'll have cleared up.

• Posted

Just wondering if anyone had Burning Mouth Syndrome and Covid tongue after having covid. i am pretty sure i had it at the start of October and since then my tongue is driving me mad, i suffer with health anxiety so when i get anxious it gets even worse

• Posted

How are you feeling now? Have you recovered to your pre-infection state? I was infected in December, 2022. At that time, the most obvious symptom was that I couldn't eat quickly, and I was super easy to feel food greasy. Before, my appetite was quite large, and the eating speed was normal, basically half an hour. But at that time, I couldn't eat normally as before. My appetite was abnormal, and I ate very little. If I ate too much, I would throw up all of it. The next thing is that my nose hurts when I breathe normally for a long time. I am very tired and sour when I breathe. I don't know if I am the only one. I can only breathe for a while and replace it with my mouth. I will also feel that my body is particularly tired, especially prone to catching cold. I feel a little headache when I go out for the first time without walking a few steps. It's a little hard to climb the stairs at home, and the whole person is weak. There are also some symptoms of cough and nasal congestion. This is actually not serious. I don't cough several times a day, and the nasal congestion is not always there. But this symptom has always existed, and there is no solution except taking some medicine for the symptoms. After about two months, all the symptoms tend to be relieved. I cough occasionally. At present, there is basically no problem in daily life, but my body is still easy to get tired. I used to stay up until 12 o'clock and I didn't feel uncomfortable. Now I feel sleepy. I hope it will be better in two months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.