Post menopausal bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I had post menopausal bleeding after 2 1/2 years of no bleeding. I checked Dr.Google (lol) which said go to the dr. I did this, I had an ultrasound internal &external on the pelvic area. It came back with my uterine lining being at 13mm thick! With a ovarian cyst in one & unable to see the other. Also a suggestion of a mass under the thickened lining. I have had sharp pains in my lower & abdomen. Bloating that makes me look 5 months pregnant. The ultrasound said no signs of any fibroid cysts. Just wondering if any of you ladies have had the same? I'm scheduled for a D&C the end of march, my gyno has said she'd consider removing my uterus. To say the least I'm left anxious!! Thanks ladies!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim why would she consider removing your uterus until you have had results from d&c ?im waiting for a appointment for that procedure and a polyp removal due to cell change after a biopsy I've not even been told such a thing 😱 Can you get a 2nd opinion take care and keep us informed god bless 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Hi Kerry, I actually have inquired about the hysterectomy. I feel as though if my body is doing this now& gave me a symptom (bleeding) if I don't remove the uterus, what if 10-15 years it happens again without any signs or symptoms??i am 48 years old. Which the Dr. Says is young to be post menopausal.Im more nervous to keep it rolleyes

• Posted

I understand Kim obviously if that's how you feel then you have to do what is right for you x I will keep you in my prayers god bless xxx let me know how you get on please xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.