Post nasal drip on left side only for 12 years

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

i have many of times googled my symptoms and looked at forums like these to find answers for many years but never actually posted and i suppose now i am at my wits end with this condition....

so i have read something similar to how someone woke up in the morning one day and came on all of a sudden in relation to this PND and not really any other symptoms.

When i was 19 i decided to pack up smoking after about 2 years of doing it and i never had any issues apart from the fact i smelt like an ashtray... anyways after a few days of not smoking i developed a nasty cold and was finding it hard to breath so anyways i noticed i felt the urge to hack up phlegm which i never did up until this point! and basically hasn't stopped since after my cold cleared up. I did go back to smoking after about a month and carried on smoking until i was about 24/25 and then switched to vaping which i have now been vape free for nearly 2 years.

my main symptoms is always on my left side where the phlegm produces and is quite hard to shift in the mornings as it is yellow and once the yellow stuff comes up i still have the mucus but i don't feel uncomfortable through out my day and i would go through periods where it wouldn't be so bad then days and mornings where i am gagging and nearly being sick to try and bring it up which the noise sounds awful so also quite embarrassing you live with someone so without me hacking up i literally would be drowning in my own mucus and clearly it's my body telling me i need to bring it up. i really wish i didn't have to trust me.

Besides this i get a stuffy nose on both sides and over the last 2 years it has changed and regularly get blocked ears in both i have on an off got blood stained in my mucus but recently in the last year last i get it regularly almost daily, not much but mainly after i have been asleep and i am also getting more yellow mucus in the mornings and even after clearing there is quite a lot and takes me hours sometimes all day to shift until I get some relief but days like today I feel like i have the old mucus in the back of my nose still there and it just gets me down so much I use sooooo many tissues its ridiculous and I am constantly hacking up to try and relief myself and I am so exhausted with it now. I am so depressed and I have had to cancel my plans tonight because I just can't face going out it is making me very miserable and I honestly don't know what else i am to do.

i have had the nasal tube where they investigate about 3 times and a ct scan and nothing they can't even give me an explanation as to what is causing this. I don't have allergies which I was tested for. This has all been investigated over a long period but the last time was 2018 and the consultant said he doesn't know what it is and that i have to live with it....

i have been prescribed all kinds of nasal sprays and they make me more congested and drys everything up so i'm more uncomfortable and also makes my PND bleed like the streaks of blood i get in it.

I have however had mastoiditis which turned very nasty when I was about 6 and had to have a serious op to remove the puss/poison behind my ear and also later on about 8-9 i had my adenoids removed as they were enlarged I believe. I am not entirely sure but think the main ear affected was my left one. I also have a vp shunt which is on my right side.

I also have clicking in the left side of my throat and an enlarged gland which has also been checked and said nothing to worry about.

When I sneeze this is also slightly blood stained in the mucus and weirdly when i drink water during the day.

i am due to see the ent but don't think this is going to happen for a while. i am drinking loads of water doing as much as possible to relief and prevent this but not having much luck the PND has just got so debilitating and wanted to share this if anyone on here can relate.

I have a theory that maybe the op I had when i was 6 and around 8 when the adenoids were removed is maybe related to my PND and also the main one smoking and vaping which may have triggered this.

So sorry if anyone has got this far but just hoping if someone can relate because no seems to understand this and I think people think it's all in my head.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.