POST NASAL DRIP SINCE BIRTH

Posted , 1 user is following.

**Hi, I'm new here. I'm 49 and have had PND since I can remember. Growing up, a doctor though it was a tick. I didn't do it all the time. I finally saw an allergist who said it was PND. For the most part, the medicines he put me on, worked. But, whenever I would get a cold or my allergies flared up. It was always a nightmare to get it under control. I'm between allergist as I'm in the midst of moving and the allergists around me do not take my insurance. I moved in a house temporarily and my allergies are driving my crazy. I have tried everything known to man. There are some medicine I'm not able to take along with my other medicines. So it's slim pickings for me. I went to a dentist for my sleeping problems and he told me I had tongue tied and something to do with my ugila (little hanging ball in the back of your mouth.) Since my sleeping illnesses are life threatening, we wanted to work on that first, then tackle the other 2. He said it would be life changing wearing the mouth guard and it may even help with the PND. It wasn't and it didn't. It's been almost a year. He's been testing my oxygen on and off. This last time, I have yet to hear from him on the results. It's been going on a month. The last allergist I saw helped a lot. He told me I had a deviated septum on both sides but my right side was worse. He asked if I struggled breathing and honestly, if I do, it's what I'm used to. So IDK, I breathe fine with no stuffiness or troubles. No pressure. He said he wouldn't recommend surgery but if I felt I ever needed it, let him know. Unfortunately, his office stopped accepting my insurances and I have been looking since. That was almost 2 years ago. I am so desperate. I have other medical illnesses that hurt me financially, so I still live my parents. If I was a criminal, the state would give me a silver platter, with the disabled, not so much. So when I get sick like this, I wake my parents up from clearing my throat, I can't sleep. If I knew there was surgery for PND, I would get it. This has consumed my life. I have tried things but due to always constantly clearing my throat, it stops me. I was disruptive in school, and put in Special ED, I ended up quitting at all my jobs because I caused problems always making noises. My dating life never worked because, well I attract losers. But, I'm just so tired. I don't go to movie theatres, I've developed a social disorder. There has got to be something to help. All nasal sprays, prescription and otc for that and pills. And no one knows what to do. I have never met anyone like this. I have PSTD from it tbh. When my parents didn't know what was wrong with me, my whole family yelled at me and made fun of me when I did it. I have seen a lot of threads on PND here, that's why I decided to join and share my story. Since there are so many, I didn't know which was the correct 1 to post on. So, that's why I made a new 1. Any help anyone can give me, would be much appreciated. I should also mention I have Asthma and GERD, and do take medicine for that. I also have Benign Hypotonia which is slow muscle tone. I do think all along with my other illnesses play a factor in the PND. But, what sets it off and makes me have it for several months at a time, is nerve racking. I'm just at my wits end with this. I don't know what to do. Thanks for reading. **

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.