Post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, day 7 of having a total hip replacement. came out of hospital on day 3.

feeling like i will never be the same again, swelling and pain.

just so low about everything.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, you cannot hurry heeling. don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary try to Control discomfort by rest, elevate ,ice

take your pain medication by prescription schedule not when pain starts!

Do what you want to do BUT- If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you.

If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the a few hours after doing it, don't do it again.

PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note be sensible post op therapy.

restrictions on movement for 2--3 weeks after surgery. use reachers.

apply pressure device battery operated on leg to help relieve swelling 3 times a day for 20 minutes.

also trade the walker to a rollinator with seat and breaks. just walking is all thats needed to heel.

have had three hip replacement procedure one of which was a revision.

sending heeling blessings your way...

• Posted

youre same stage as me. my wound bled so my husband had to put new seal on it. really stressful all this but look ahead. hopefully pain will lessen soon. everyone says it does but takes time.

• Posted

lynne72171 very sorry to hear of your issues after THR. i have never heard of anyone ever having excess bleeding from their incision. what approach was used. front, back or side?

i had a negative pressure bandage put over my incision.. they are very painful , it was after the revision. what do you mean your husband had to put on a new seal? why didn't the surgeon call you in to his office and do it. concerned....

sending healing blessings your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.