Post Op Cartilage Arthroscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

So in September I had knee arthroscopy done to shave my cartilage and trim my fat pad as my knee was giving way and locking...

It’s been just over 7 week since I had it done and everything has been fine, been able to get out more without worrying if my knees gonna play up, not been on as many pain killers..

Declined hospital physio as it’s pretty much the same exercises my physio gave me prior to being referred to for surgery and for my back the previous year so thought I know what I’m doing I’ll be ok (had an open appointment til end of October if i wanted to go back)

Noticed yesterday I’m struggling with stairs and can’t weight bare going up or bend fully to weight bare coming down..

Not seen consultant since September (onmy saw him prior to surgery) and don’t see him till 17th December and I know it’s a 50:50 chance it would work but thought it would last longer than this.

Currently sat in bed in tears, doing physio hoping it helps and no idea what to do if it doesnt.

has anyone else had this?

any hints or tips would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had this exact surgery in August, and it has been a rough road, but I am finally doing better. I would recommend physio if it is still a possibility. Even though the exercises are the same, it could be that certain muscles have started to deteriorate and have made you knee more unstable.

Make sure after any exercise you ice down and take some anti-inflammatories as well.

• Posted

Mickey interested to know how you are doing ..partial.medial menisectomy..last september and I'm great until I exercise then I get discomfort for days after .....how has your recovery went ?

• Posted

I'm doing good, I very much followed my PT's suggestions and did not exercise until they told me I could. I can now snowboard and do gymnastics with minimal pain. I also had less than 5% of my meniscus shaved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.