Post- Op Gallbladder Removal Surgery PAIN

Posted , 1 user is following.

i am SO grateful for a post i found on this forum. my gallbladder surgery was around 8 days ago i was fine, other than overdoing it physically and splitting one of the incisions open. The surgeon put 4 large stitches in and its fine now. My recovery seemed to be going great & i was hopeful that i was out of the woods as far as pain goes, but this nagging pain returns nightly. The pain is inside my ribs, lungs, abdomen. Mostly mid to upper right rear.

It is truly awful. I cant get comfortable, breathing in and out is painful. I am out of pain pills and wont ask for more because i hate the way they make me feel. its so disappointing that this is where we all ended up. The nurse said, "well maybe this is the new normal" but I cant imagine living this way. This is the pain that uncovered the gallstones So why do i still feel it?

i am just glad to know that im not the only one experiencing this. i just wonder how long- realistically- it will take for this to go away. I take gas-x, digestive enzymes, probiotics, magnesium, etc. I use gel ice packs, tylenol, advil, heating pad, thera gun massager. Not one of these even puts a dent in the sleepless uncomfortable nights or pain. I am so tired of whining, complaining and being such a baby but this is insane! i seem to do my best when I'm up and moving about so my plan is to maximize my days and just hope for the best- which makes me laugh, even typing ugh

if ANYONE knows more than i do, how to provide relief, etc, PLEASE share

Thank you, all, for sharing your stories and experiences

Report / Delete

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.