Post open heart surgery for ASD complications

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am 24 hears old...I was diagnosed with ASD...my doctor told me I had a 30 mm linear defect in the secundum. I underwent open heart surgery in New Delhi 6 months ago. My surgery went well...however, recently, I have been experiencing a stretching pain. I have been having some stretching pain in left anterior axillary line( I used to have this kind of stretching pain before the surgery)....

Is there anything that I should worry about? I did a echocardiograph again. The reports came back normal. Is this something to worry about? Is the pain normal??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Ive had open heart surgery and am 23 years old. Was this your first surgery?

What do you mean by stretching pain?

Down your scar?

• Posted

It's this pain that I had before going to the doctor and getting diagnosed with ASD. Im just worried...why this stretching pain is persisting even after surgery. Im not sure how I should elaborate about the character of the pain. It comes randomly and usually occurs on movement. I was basically fine after the surgery. However three months ago, I engaged in some outdoor sports...and then this pain started. sad

Yes this was my first surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.