Post Scabies: what to expect

Posted , 1 user is following.

I went through several rounds of scabies treatment prior to discovering my HE washer heats hot water to 116 degrees. We worked two valves around that problem and am using 140 water to wash now. But, l strongly feel there is a chance l was reinfected because of the water temperature prior to discovering the problem. Since then l have gotten NEW red bumps. At this point, should l retreat? My doctor feels the NEW bumps are post scabie. lf l retreat will my skin be very itchy and will l start to heal all over again? The doctor gave me prescription for Ivermectin because l insisted. l honestly don't want to treat again, but l want to be cured.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.