Post Shoulder Surgery, fails and successes

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been out of post surgery for about 3 weeks now. Originally, I had surgery back at the beginning of May for a dislocated shoulder, torn labrum, and broke the head of the humerus. 2 weeks later, I had a Staph infection that caused me tons of pain resulting in the week prior to the 2nd surgery, I was given a shot of Diloded, Medical Fentynal, and Oxycodone within an hour to just numb the pain then I had another break of my shoulder. They took out 6 anchors and replaced them with sutures. I've been doing the pendelum swings gently 3x a day and within the last week have started to use oils and heating pad onto the shoulder to start working the blood flow into the shoulder for elasicity. I haven't gotten the go ahead yet on removal of my brace on my shoulder but about a few hours a day, I sit without it. How long should it be before a. I need to start PT (and I'm also going to be working with a Massage Therapist/Reflexologist) and b. once out of the immobilizer, will I just be in a regular sling? I want to be able to have strength back by October but don't want a relapse and trying to keep everything slow and easy but there's days like today I want to work on stretching the shoulder until i feel light pain (with the use of my other arm as a guider). Also, my shoulder by the humerus is so tight right now and it still feels like there's something very solid where the surgery happened. Finally, I noticed a while back that my shoulder muscle in the surgerical arm dips way down, like it isn't formed or solid. Is this normal? Thanks everyone in advance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.