Post surgery and rollercoasters

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had rotator cuff surgery nov 14, 2016. Doing a lot better now that I've been in pt and out of the sling. I don't see my dr for check up til after my vacation so I can't ask him. But I'm going on vacation in 9 days. Are rollercoasters out of the picture? As of now I'm 6 weeks post surgery.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I  would not risk it. A sudden jerk could put strain on the tendons which as I undersatnd are just beggining to attach and are certainly not begun to affix to the bone.

Maybe I am being over cautious as my greatest fear is a retear. I had surgery 26/10/2016 and I am still very wary.

• Posted

They say it takes about 90 days for the tendon to really start attaching to the bone. I'd be really scared of retearing that. You'd better check with the doc and or physical therapist. Good luck...

• Posted

No, no, no!  You risk reinjuring yourself, not to mention the pain from gravity forcing your arm to go a way it is not ready to go yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.