Post surgical frozen shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone come down with frozen shoulder after a shoulder surgery

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I had a subacromial decompression excision of distal clavicle and bicep tenotomy in February and now have Frozen Shoulder just waiting for my date to have a capsular release and possible MUA ! It's awful having this so debilitating ! I've been off work for over 6 months and likely to be a few more months before I'm recovered to go back 😊
    • Posted

It's so painful. I had the release 5 month postop of labrum surgery but it froze up again. It's so frustrating. Did your Dr say why this happened? I'm thinking my body scars down to fast

• Posted

My consultant said it can happen following shoulder surgery ! I didn't think it could freeze again after capsular release thought this was supposed to cure it ! How long after your capsular release did your shoulder freeze again and what is your consultant saying now 😊
  • Posted

I could feel it regressing a few days after surgery. When the Dr called to check on me he was suprised I was still in so much pain. The more I stretched the more pain I got. I'm 6 months postop and worse then before. The PT guy said it's very unusual to freeze up again. Might be getting a nerve block for the pain. The Dr seems at a loss. Are you in a lot of pain. My shoulder was fire engine red from the pictures of the second surgery. I'm sure the surgery caused more inflamation.
    • Posted

I feel I've got better range of movement in my lower arm but shoulder still frozen and sore when pushed beyond limits of pain, my worst pain just now seems to be the tip of my shoulder blade causing extreme pain in my neck ! Consultant said I have wear and tear at c4 c5 in my neck , I had accident at work and hurt my shoulder and neck went on to have surgery on shoukder and then ended up with F'S , don't think it's wear and tear think it's as result of accident ! I feel sorry for you if your shoulder has frozen again after your capsular release it must be awful I hope the nerve block works let me know how you get on take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.