Postural drainage

Posted , 3 users are following.

How often and for how long do you carry out postural drainage? I only had to do it occasionally in the past. Recently, however, I have needed to do it regularly on a daily basis. I'm assuming my bronchiectasis has become worse.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

where is everyone? I hope you are all safe.

can anyone tell me about postural drainage?

this group has always been so helpful in the past

• Edited

Hi i have just been Diagnoised with Bronchiectasis i have constant feeling in my chest like you would if you had chest infection and around my lungs are sore i have talked to my dr thinking i should take anibotics but he says no unless the phelgm is green sometimes i dont get phelgm up but constant cough im very distressed with all this at the minute especially with this coronavirus around i really need help and advice please

• Edited

An xray should show if you have developed either bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes a breathing treatment helps to loosen the phlegm so that you can spit it out. whenever I am unable to spit up the phlegm and I can hear it rattling in my chest that usually means I have an infection.

• Posted

sorry i can't really help. i believe there is a condition called dry bronchiectasis, maybe thats what you have.

most people with bronchiectasis have a lot of phlegm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.