PR - starting to heal after 1 month approx, my advices.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea 2.5 weeks ago. In retrospect I now know the the mark I had 1 month ago was the beginning - the herald patch. it started to spread on my chest, than neck, belly face.. it did not spare any body part on my case =

it gotten really bad 1 week ago, it was hard for me to sleep, my neck and chest was swollen and I was really depressed.

Those are the things I did (expect crying... lol):

1. try to strengthen the immune system: I started taking vitamin C , vitamin D (after taking blood test to check levels), drank orange juice and drink a lot of water, eating vegetables .
  2. oatmeal baths - was very helpful and calming. at least twice a day.
  3. Shea butter, when my skin was really dry, especially now when it flake and healing. its amazing, also has many advantages. its important to use pure shea butter, raw and cold pressed.
  4. meditation and theta healing - its more spiritual but its all about solving the inner cause to the disease , working on the mind. I believe my issue was/is stress, and it really helped me to keep calm. especially meditation.
  5. what I think helped me the most and speeded my healing process:

I decided to go to a Homeopath that gave me an herbal extract (containing Malva sylvestris), he told the extract helps for 80% of the cases and he had helped many people with PR. I was skeptic, (since it was very expensive too) but I decided to try and after 2 days I started to see an improvement. Now after a week my body is much better, the marks on my neck,back, belly is almost faded, my body still very dry but only my legs now are a bit red (was also the last part that the rash has appeared on)

I still do oatmeal bath and use the shea butter and keep with the vitamin and many water

6. antihistamine pills for the itch

the most important is to keep positive (I know its hard)

but it goes away so we need to remember that there are worse things.

attached a photo on the day I started to drink the herbs ( a week ago)

and this is today ( still not healed completely and my legs marks still red improvement is big)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.