Pre op advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. Last monday i had my op to remove one of my fibroids. (Transcervical resection of fibroid).  This was done viginally. 

I am having slight tugging sensations but all is calming down.  How long should i wait to start exercising? I will be seeing my GP in a few days time so will be asking her. 

Also, how long will the bloating/swelling feeling take to go?

hope all ok

x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Briggsy

I had a total hysterectomy last year due to years of suffering with fibroids. After the opp felt like I was carrying rubble in my belly. But like your self I'm a regular gym user. Spoke to my Gp and was told at least 6 weeks and no sit ups for at least 3mths. Nit sure with your surgery but would guess the same has stitched inside viginally. Would have to becareful not to burst stitches. Give your Gp a call or your gyno Secretary for advice. Hope you recover soon and take care.x

• Posted

Sorry forgot to say about swelling not sure with abdominal surgery it took 5months for swelling to completely subside. Still abit tender in some areas but well go in time. Again could be a few months depending tissue healing and resting not lifting to much while area heals. X
  • Posted

Hi Briggsy, at my 2 week check up from my minilapromotmy myomectomy my doc said maybe 4-6 more weeks for the swelling to go down. I was feeling a knot under my incision area and was told that was the stitching from my vertical cut on my uterus and that was normal. On the outside I have a horizontal cut (c section cut ). I too would absolutely love to work out again but I'm sick a scaredy cat that I'm willing to wait 6 more weeks before attempting to do anything. I have another appt in a few week so I will see what I am able to resume. Take it easy, like someone else said, we don't want to over do it and cause more harm than good. Summer is approaching and I desperately want to get back on the gym so I can comfortably wear my bathing suit without my belly looking all swollen . Take it easy ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.