Pregabalin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey hippies.

I have just came back from seeing my doctor because I still have major shooting pains in my thigh. I am 3 months post LTHR. He is sending me for an X-ray on both hips as I have pain in the right one too now. He also gave me a new painkiller for me called pregabalin. I was just wondering if any of you guys have used this drug?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

No I haven't, but sending you light and hope all is well with your xrays. You are doing the right thing getting it checked. Hopefully someone can post you with the answer x

• Posted

Julie i havent , but what i know is use for pain. Have look internet or Google. It make two of as i have pain in opsite hip too wchich is rigt too. Left one done 10 of October 2016. Right one will be

hopefully done in March. I hope all will be ok with your exray.

and you will feel better soon. Good you went see doctor. Im sure some one will post you with answer.

Hug Madla💗

• Posted

I was warned about possible pain in the other hip after surgery, because they said that my OA was bad in both hips but the pain from the left could be masking the right one so that I "thought" it wasn't hurting. In fact it just wasn't hurting, thank goodness. It's still fine for a bit longer.

• Posted

That's good Beth. I diid put lots of presure on right one when my left hip hurt and after operation even more.. i did not know the right is so bad till they did exray after 6 weeks post operation and

Surgeon told my rigt hip is bad and need to be done as well.

Look after hips .

Hug Madla

• Posted

Yep, mine is bad but not hurting. They told me it's as bad as the left one was. But it still doesn't hurt yet. On the other hand, there is that pesky ankle, which they think may have been partially a result of the bad hip. 

There no winning! 

• Posted

I have used two similar ones - you have the third of a "set". It is used for neuropathic pain from the nerves. Technically, it isn't a pain killer at all. In higher doses, these are all three anti-depressants, although I understand that they have much more effective ones now. But they discovered that in lower doses, they are said to deal with neuropathic pain (although I don't know anyone for whom they actually worked - and they didn't for me). They work by changing your brain chemistry so that you don't get the pain messages.

?You would normally be given what is called a titration dose. That means that you have a pattern of gradually increasing the dose over several weeks until you find a dose that works - if one does.

You need to be careful of them too. They are highly addictive and you cannot just stop them. You have to gradually reduce doses down again until you can stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.