Pregabalin dosage

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am back on Pregabalin after being of Gabapentin for two years.  This is for diabetic peripheral neuropathy and anxiety.  I have not yet found the right dosage, and the neuropathic pains are terrible at night and interrupting my sleep.  My doctor is very vague about how much I should take, but I wondered if any of you had advice on this - as my pains are worse at night, should I take a higher dosage in the evening, or does this not matter?  Is it best to take two doses or three doses a day?  I would appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had to build up 75mg every fortnight which I think was a bit slow. I now take 300 at night and supposed to take the same during the day but it's too much as it knocks me out. I take it just before I go to bed and I'm literally asleep in minutes but I do wake up in pain with really bad headaches
  • Posted

I've just had my dose upped from 200mg a day to 300mg ( 150mg two times) my GP has said I can't take anymore and I'm at the max level I can take. I also take 60mg of Duloxetine too. 
  • Posted

I am sick tired of so much suffering in this world... I have spent countless nights in pain too and I felt so miserable...

Research medical cannabis. I have peripherial neuropathy and spent countless nights (and all day long) in pain on all my fingers and toes. The day I finally man up and went to a Cannabis club, my life changed. Vapirizing is healthy as you are not smoking it, and the THC of the cannabis works like a fabulous pain killer... I recovered my life since these last two months, and only a small amount is needed, you can still function and do life properly. You can consume a little at nights, before bed, you will sleep like a baby  [smile]  If you suffer during the day, you can also smoke in the morning, but depending on your life style it might not be possible, as medical cannabis does get you high. 

• Posted

Hello nannoo,

I too have peripheral neutopathy, my GP started me on just 150mg per day but this did not work too well. I am now on 600mg per day which I understand is the maximum daily dose. This works really well for me, it's a drug which really works and I would not be without it. I do not seem to suffer any side effects. If I take the final 400mg just before I go to bed I seem to get a fairly good nights sleep.

Have a little word with your GP and ask if they will increase your dose, if you are anything like me it should start to work.

Hope you feel better soon

Best regards

bobcrachet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.