Pregablin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone taken Pregablin and had low sodium problems?? Id be interested in hearing anything you might have to say about this.

Thanks Janice.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I have been taking Carbamazepine and Gabapentin but not Pregabalin, I do have low sodium levels sometimes, though! I only had it when I was just taking the Carbamazepine. Apparently, it's something to do with the way the drug affects the filtration system in the kidneys, it allows too much sodium to be excreted rather than retain it in the blood.

I eat more salty foods or put salt on some food for a few days and it soon corrects the levels. I generally don't have added salt but needs must now and then.

Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.