pregablin miss use

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i have been prescibed 600mg of pregablin a day i have been on them little over a year and been miss using them for about 8 month sometimes i can take upto 2400mg a day last night was the worst night of my life as i decided ive had enough want to come off them so only had 1000mg i couldnt sleep was swearing then shivering very anxious felt sick runny toilet does anyone have any information on how to ease these symptoms im desperate thank you Lynne

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi, I feel so much sympathy for you. these are very big dosages and very big swings in dosage very quickly. I was also on a high dosage (nothing like yours) 275 mg AM and 225 mg PM. I was concerned about my dependance on this drug and decided to reduce this small amounts and SLOWLY. I have been reducing the dosage by 75 mg over TWO MONTHS / EIGHT WEEKS before my next reduction. I understand the symptons you are having and lts not panic, YOU ARE WERE YOU ARE!! Lets take baby steps. firstly take WHATEVER DOSE GETS YOU A GOOD NIGHT AND DAY👍. This can be your starting point. Now reduce the dosage by 100 mg (ths is purely my opinion and your doctor may give you better advice). I would only reduce the day dosage and avoid reducing dosage at night, it will be important to keep getting a good nights sleep. i would then wait about 6 weeks before a further reduction. This is only MY OPINION AND ADVICE, a doctors advice might be better, but remember its YOUR BODY AND MIND and they will guide you best.

• Edited

thank you nimium just having people to talk to about it helps i finally told my husband last night as he knew i was struggling with something hes took control of the tablets and has told me he will reduse my dosage slowley these tablets got a hold on me very quickly i hated the feeling they gave me but they helped me get out of bed in the morning and take my 5 year old to school and do all of the days events as i suffered severe depression with a sudden loss thank you your kindness with the reply has helped me more than you will ever know

• Posted

glad to help we all need help. my wife was a great support and it is interesting how much they know. i'm sure the little one will be glad to eventually get his old mum back👍😀

• Edited

pregabalin has its uses. Originally used for epilepsy, it was found to help with nerve pain and anxiety. I was prescribed it for anxiety, unfortunately it didn't help my condition, but I was only on them for 1month as it's side effects I found were nasty.

I know that this drug, for a number of people, have terrible withdraw symptoms, and when reducing the dosage, do it SLOWLY!!

I'm going to suggest two things you should do.

1 Talk to your Dr, he will help you reduce in increments, little by little, and he will monitor you.

There are many online groups on facebook such as Lyrica survivers International. Lyrica is the brand name for pregabalin. They will give you all the help and advice you will need to come off pregabalin safely. Good luck, you can do this.

• Edited

thanks for reply william, i also was prescibed them for anxiety they didnt help my condition either thats why i kept taking more and more and now i dont like the fact i depent on a drug daily the withdrawal symtoms i wouldnt wish on any1 after 2 horrible days of withdrawals i have decided to cut down slowly i dont have facebook or any social media this was the only site i found useful on pregablin doctors dont tell you about side effects or withdrawel. thanks again william you will never realise how much you have helped me today

• Edited

Good luck Lynne, just take it very slowly, you will get there and feel so much better when the nightmare is all over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.