Pregnancy after gastric band

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all.

I decided to pay for a gastric band over 3 years ago after a messy breakup left me at 16 stone and struggling to lose anything but my self esteem. it has been life changing and im now at 8 stone 5 and a UK size 6-8. Ive just turned 40 and fallen pregnant when i thought i was too old to do so, which is great news. has anyone been pregnant after surgery ? did you have all fluid removed (really dont feel this is necessary as im eating like a trooper and most definately feel no resistance currently. would love to hear your thoughts. Also i havent told my partner about the surgery as it was before i met him and havent really told anyone, will he see the band on the scan ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.