Pregnant and feeling lost and confused. GP not helpful at all.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I took a clear blue test and it said I was 2 - 3 weeks pregnant. I called my doctor and they didn’t help me at all. Doctor doesn’t deal with anything to do with pregnancy and I had to self refer myself to antenatal care. Is this the right process? On top of that the antenatal team won’t be in contact with me until I’m 10 weeks. So I basically have to be pregnant for 10 weeks with no one seeing me and if I have questions basically use google? This isn’t first pregnancy and I’m not feeling very well looked after. It seems the nhs website is wrong because I thought a doctor would give me ab appointment confirm the pregnancy and then go from there.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello

sorry to hear you're feeling this way.

unfortunately due to covid, the process has changed.

with my 1st pregnancy, as soon as I rang doctors to tell them I was pregnant, I had an appointment a week later with a doctor, them a midwife a few weeks later

I have recently Found out I am pregnant again , I phoned doctors like I thought I had to , and like you was told I had to self refer online. I did this via the hospital I would be attending. I was told it could take 3 weeks for them to contact me, but they actually rang me 3 days later and asked basic questions... a few days later I got a text message with an appointment to meet with midwife. I then met with a midwife with week( , who did bloods etc. about 7 weeks pregnant. The midwife should also put in the request for you 1st scan, you should them get a letter through the post.

It's really frustrating that it's not like it use to be , but you should definitely hear from someone before 10 weeks if you do the request.

I hope all goes well for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.