Prevent BV

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've suffered with BV on and off for years. The one thing that I have found that worirked to prvent a flare up is after sex with my fiance (within 36 hours) I take a quarter teaspon baking soda mixed with one teaspoon 100% pure organic maple syrup. Mixed with a little water and drink it. NO BV

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for this information. How long have you been BV free? Also, how much water is a little? Can you give a idea of the amount? 1oz? 5oz? A cup? I've tried a few things found on here on this site which helped the symptoms to diminish by 100% but still tested positive when I went for my annual. I've been symptom free for over a year now.
    • Posted

Maybe an ounce of water. I drink that then follow w more water just to get the taste out of my mouth. I only get bv from sex. I've been sexually active about a month now with no bv. I can feel when bv its trying to flare but I've been able to prevent it. I hope this info helps someone because its so embarrassing.
    • Posted

Marcy what have u tried?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.