Probiotics can cause troubles?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I

started probiotics in various forms to try to help my intestinal troubles, but looks like they aren't much tolerated.

If I drink a small (65 ml) bottle of Yakult Light (Lactobacillus Casei Shirota, 20 billions) I feel a bit burning in the chest (maybe a reaction to the cold liquid), after half an hour my nose gets a bit irritated (no mucus, no liquid, just irritated), I can be a bit itchy on the ears, on the arms, and I can feel a little numb. After hours I can eventually feel cold, especially to the hands.

The same happens if I take a capsule of 21 strains (10 billions) of a probiotic supplement, except eventually the burning sensation on the chest that's caused eventually by that milk or other ingredients (?).

Why is it so? At the same time those probiotics reduced abdominal pain and skin rashes, so it would be strange to have an allergy reaction that makes skin rash better and less colitis. I have a little eosinophilia, not much. I also have those itchy feelings on arms and burning on the chest if I stress out or get angry.

Opinions? Why the reactions? Should I completely remove probiotics or how could I find a strain that do not cause any reaction and just help my intestine?

I feel like I'm having disturbances with the immune system or the histamine or the likes, dysbiosis, who knows, but can't do nothing to ameliorate the situation if I can't tolerate a probiotic food or supplement. Years ago an anti-histamine tablet caused me a serious skin rash, just to say.

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.