problems with the toenails! has anyone solved a similar situation

Posted , 5 users are following.

good evening to all, I'm a girl who for now "too many" years has been living with this problem on the toenails.

my nails were not always like that! they were very normal nails, but then one day a heavy mirror fell on both toenails ... since then I have noticed that the nails were slower in growth but all in all they had remained normal, despite the blood that came out of me after that trauma.

a few years later, I had another accident (probably the one that caused the problem), where a guy walking came on me frontally, he with the shoe and I with the shoes totally open and without defense in front.

she started to get out a lot of blood as if she had raised her nail and from there, the nail started to turn black and grow little ... and I for years, for fear of eliminating the only part of the visible nail, even if black, I continued to build on it because it bothered me to see them .... probably sofgoxabdole and making things worse... until I decided, in January of this year, to remove the black parts, dead and smelly, from the nail, discovering that in reality the nail below was present.

so I started to have some hope and I started looking for information on the internet, but without success ... I also did more than one visit, but without any particular comments or advice. I attach photos of the progress made in 5 months of my nails. I wanted to know if any of you had passed and if you, if you have solved and how.

its very important for me! 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I dont know what sofgoxabdole means, but it looks as though you have damaged the nailbeds quite badly so the nail is not growing as it should and by leaving that black nail on for so long there may have been an infection set in...hence the smell. There also looks like a fungal infection starting.

I doubt if your nails will ever grow normally again and you need to start treating the fungal infection or you may lose the nails entirely. The best advice would be to see a dermatologist or your GP if you are in UK for a professional opinion, but you can start to treat the fungus with one of several medications that you can buy from your chemist/pharmacy.

• Posted

As Marina rightly said here, it seems that your nails are suffering from a fungal infection, something quite common in toenails.

None of our perspectives on your nails possibly returning to normal can be very conclusive, but I think we can all agree that diagnosing and treating this fungus will help a lot in the process.

Visit a dermatologist.

• Edited

imageimage

I had lost the discussion because I could not find the forum anymore. I went to a dermatologist who told me that the nail has no fungus.

I'm looking for someone who has had a similar problem to mine but has somehow solved it.

To date the nails are much better, but I would like to understand if there is a chance to improve them again or if someone or some of you have managed to solve. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.