Prolactinoma and Nettle Root Extract Supplement

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a small prolactinoma, and have been treating it with Cabergoline .5 mg twice weekly. I would like to take a Nettle Root Extract Supplement for hair growth and boosting Free Testosterone, but I read somewhere that it may increase prolactin levels.  Has anyone read more on this subject, and if it's safe to take Nettle Root Extract as a supplement with a prolactinoma?  I would love any feedback.  Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi

is there a chemists near you? it might be worth popping in to check with the pharmacist. they'll have the reliable drugs and interactions information so they should be able to advise you.

let us know - it's very interesting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.