Prolapse repair pic included please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

what should it look like? after surgery?

should there still be a bulge or could that be swelling?

i had antieror and postior prolaspe surgry 4 weeks ago and im pretty sure its failed !!! im broken hearted - hubby is being driven round the twist also with me trying to figure out whats normal and what isnt !

ive included two photos one is the start if the day and the second is tonight heavy dragging feeling i hoped would go after surgery but still there !! have 6 week post op check in 2 weeks time

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi how are you getting on now with your prolapse repair ?

just had my front wall prolapse repaired and like you I am very emotional and disheartened that it might not have worked as it all looks full down there still and uncomfortable when I walk . I'm trying be patient as it's only been a couple of weeks , but I really don't think it's worked.

• Posted

hi there im going through the exact same . My opperation for front wall cystocele prolapse was 3 weeks ago and I feel it has failed as I still have the bulge at the opening . my partner says it's probably the swelling but I no my body and I honestly feel the opperation hasn't worked , if anything made it worse .

Doctors say just give it time but I don't think it's likely to change . I know you wrote this about yours a while ago now, but I'm interested if yours improved over time . Me like you driving partner mad . I just feel hopeless and fed up about it all . really hope you reply .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.