Prolapsed and Herniated Disc, C4 and C5

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, so I booked a private MRI scan for my brain and neck due to ongoing symptoms and it turns out I have two discs in my neck that are pressing on my spine. My spine is apparently bruised but other than that there is no other damage. I have an appointment with the Nurosurgeons in a couple of weeks. I'm just so terrified to move in the meantime. The docs never really explained what I can and cant do. The discs are pressing on nerve roots that are affecting my shoulders, arms and a whole host of other nerve issues. I don't know how to sit or sleep or what I should be doing day to day. The docs say it looks like I have degenerative disc disease but thankfully they scanned the rest of my spine and it is fine. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm really sore and the medication isn't really helping so far.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

wait to see what all your options are before making any decisions.

i have had the degenerative disc disease for several years. i hope you can find relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.