Prolapsed bladder and intestine with vaginal repair work

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello.  I am 7 weeks post op tomorrow. My abdomen feels a bit bloated and my very low abdomen  does not hurt but kind of achy and uncomfortable.  I had the mesh put in and hopefully it is not too tight and will heal well.  How long does anyone think it will take to get tummy back to flatness and comfortable?  I am 

71 so I know healing takes longer.  Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I just read your post. I had a uterus prolapse and had a sacrohysteropexy op which is a small piece of mesh inserted through the bikini line to give the uterus a little more support which was all done through keyhole surgery not vaginally and it took me at least 9 weeks to start to feel a bit normal in the pelvis/tummy area. I was told i would recover in 2 weeks but it can take 12 weeks for all the inflammation to settle down. I am nearly 48 years old so all i can say these things do take time. If you feel unsure about anything or very uncomfortable i would consult your surgeon or doctor. I suffered alot of post op trauma mentally as i was so worried about weather i would be all okay again. I am getting better now but i think having positive thoughts helps the healing process. Make sure you are eating well and drinking plenty water also take pain meds to help with the inflammation. Make sure you are peeing and opening your bowels. Take a natural laxative like senna if not opening bowels regualary. I hope this helps you a little. but if you are suffering with any really bad pain see your consultant. I wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon! x
  • Posted

Hi, I am 9 weeks and have had the same worries as you. I saw my consultant  last week who said the everything was where it should be, and was working. She prescribed Brufen because she thought I may have inflammation which was causing the niggling pain in my pelviic area. I still worry that my prolapse will bulge again, very spas are of  it - I hope that I will forget about it soon!! There is absolutely no help for post operative problems, sometimes you just need someone to tell you that everything is ok!!,  good luck.
  • Posted

Thank you so much ladies.  A big help.  We tend to get impatient and when they say 6 weeks that is what we expect.

it isn't that I am in pain but more pressure. Uncomfortable in the car and sitting does bother me.  Also afraid of the mesh.  My doctor is getting to be quite well known in our area for doing this type of surgery but a bit of ladies support is good for the mental part.

i am happy I found this site.

• Posted

Yes i definately agree with women need help with the mental part afterwards! I think because it is our personal parts we feel embarrased to talk to people about it and how we are really feeling. I think there should be some sort of counselling and support after gyno surgery. Sometimes talking to other people on this site is good but other times it can start the worrying all again! All i can say is take a day at a time and we all take different times recovering and coping. I have been told you forget in the end and stop worrying. I am looking forward to getting of with life and enjoying each day i have of this planet of ours! I guess if problems arise we will have to work them out when and if they do! Goodluck ladies!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.