Prolonged palpitations

Posted , 1 user is following.

Just looking for some advice from others that suffer from palpitations:

I went to the doctors perfectly healthy and feeling great on 9th March to reduce the medication prescribed to me for anxiety to a lower dosage (im on 40mg once a day). I felt like i was in a good place mentally and didn’t need 40mg daily and wanted to discuss a lower dosage taken less frequently. The doc caught me off guard and took my BP and said it was high and wanted me to book in with the nurse to have it taken again and also some bloods done. The following week i seen the nurse, BP was the same and blood was taken. She told me to continue to take BP reads at home for 7 days and hand these back in. The docs receptionist called me with the blood results and said the bloods showed high glucose and that was it. She said i needed a fasting blood test but still no explanation of what the high glucose meant….so i googled it….i convinced myself i had diabetes. I worried for a week and a half, wasn’t eating or sleeping until my fasting blood tests came back clear. My home BP test results were all ok too.

Fast forward a week to Sunday 9th April. I started getting really bad palpitations. Normally they go away after a few seconds but these have been constant. Wednesday night my back and chest were sore too so i called nhs24 who sent me to a&e. by the time i got there the pain had eased

A&e checked BP and pulse. They were fine

A quick ECG. That was fine, although it was over in a few seconds and my palpitations had subsided so may not have shown anything

They also took blood which showed no damage to the heart and everything else was fine. They recommended a 24 hour ECG - which im on a 12 week wait list and should get by the end of June

After hospital on the Thursday the palpitation died right down. I even slept for 9 hours that night

Today though…oh my goodness….its constant fluttering and the skipped heart beats. No other symptoms but it feels HORRIBLE. Im trying so hard to keep calm and tell myself the hosp and docs gave me the all clear but its difficult

Could this be delayed anxiety for weeks of worry thinking i had high BP and diabetes? Not sure if delayed palpitations is even a thing. Has anyone experienced prolonged periods with palpitations and did they go away!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.