Propranolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

I really want to get off propranolol but I can't seem to do it without getting horrible withdrawal symptoms like racing heart, sweats, dizziness and breathlessness! Has anyone successfully got off it and if so how did you do it? I have tried tapering my dose I have went from 120mg per day down to 10/20mg a day but this last hurdle is messing with me! Any advice please!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear this!

I would reccomended speaking to the doctor about taking you on the meds?

• Posted

Yeah I followed his advice on cutting them down but he doesn't seem to think I should be so dependant on them xx
  • Posted

How long have you been taking them for and how fast did you cut down the daily dosage?
    • Posted

I u have been taking them around 6 months and I cut them down very slowly week by week xx
  • Posted

When it comes to medication always best to consult your doctorcool
  • Posted

I want to try 10 mg of it, but my bp runs as low as 95/75 and I'm afraid it might get too low. My heart palpitations are bad everyday. Even when I'm anxious my bp only gets to 110/75.

Have you tried adding magnesium? Have your magnesium and potassium checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.