Propranolol withdrawal effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i have decided after a year to stop taking 40mg a day for aniexty. two weeks ago i reduced down to 20mg and had awful dizzy spells and leg aches/pains whoch seems to have passed, fingers crossed. i now want to reduce down again to 10mg but am scared as last few days had heart pulputations and forgot how awful they are and set my aniexty off and also worried side effects above will appear again. any advice from people who have/are stopping this awful drug would be great

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Jane,

How are you getting on? I stopped taking my propranolol just over 2 weeks ago. Was on 40mg once a day. Stopped cold turkey. Was absolutely fine for about 2 weeks and then had panic attacks again where I was cold, physically shaking and really thirsty. I feel panicky after eating, especially anything sweet. Bloods are all ok and I've had ECGs and they have been fine too.

Doctor said she didn't think it could still be withdrawal but I've read so many threads saying it can last for weeks. I hate feeling like this, had a really good day and then in the evening felt really anxious for no reason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.