Prostat and urinary infection.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys

Just had my 2nd Prostat injection (Hormone) and got some pretty nasty side effects. Red swelling of injection site, hard lump, (both of which have receeded) but now have a really bad urine infection which is both painful and makes you feel like you need to go IMMEDIATELY, Had some blood and mucus, Doc says its most likely a reaction to the prostat and has given me 'Amoxicillin' (Penacilin).

Anybody else had same/similar reaction. If so, how long does it last etc. I have a cathater in situ which has been flushed and is also do to come out on Monday next, but not if this continues-could be embarrasing!

Extreamly painfull/distacting and is driving me nuts.

Oh & the local hospital says...' Oh we've never heard of this before'!!

Any help-greatly appreciated.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just going out (after a hard day in the office!!) but just had to make a brief comment - I too had a swelling and rash after 2nd Prostat - Consultant put me onto Zoladex and apart from sweats, loss on muscle ( Inow exercice twice per day) power and joint pain I am much better than on Prostat.   More when I have time - good luck and chin up - the alternative is not so good.
    • Posted

Thanks George.

Sat here feeling like something or someone has got hold of my todger and is ringing it out!

Phoned doc back after thinking that the only difference between 1st & 2nd injection is that i was on Bicalutamide tablets to help shrink prostrate and to stop 'postrate flare' with 1st jab. Was told not to restart tablets and somehow get through the weekend (Caring-sharing, Morecambe bay health authority.) as I'm seeing urology Monday AM (along with senior oncologist) Gee, nothing like feeling impotant! 

Feeling like ignoring advise and taking bicalutamide, after all, it can only help.

(Was told monthly Prostat was better/gentler than Zodalex)!

Anyhos thanks again and good luck.

• Posted

Hi FoxT

Have had 9 x 10.8mg Zoladex (Hormone) injections.

​I find swelling and bruising depends on GP, some leave no marks, othes heavy bruising.

Worst part of Zoladex are the hot flushes and night sweats.

• Posted

Thanks Super cargo.

Had 3rd Prostap injection yesterday. So far, apart from some very localised bruising, all seems much better than the 2nd one. (however problems last month didn't kick in until day 3/4)!

Hot sweats I can handle, started using Sage tablets. Not had any night sweats, jujst sore and increased breast growth (Hello boys)!!

They do tell me that in most cases, Prostap is, on the whole gentler than Zoladex.

Still considering a Turp. Got a Urolgy clinic next Monday.

Treat the cancer with the contempt it deservers! (I've called mine Conrad)!

regards Steve

• Posted

Hi Steve

Good luck with your Urology Clinic on Monday.

Thanks for info on Zoladex/Prostrap.

​I too have increased breast growth biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.