Prostate Biopsy 4th day Still bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a biopsy 4 days ago everything was fine then 2 days later alot of blood came out in my urine. Then it stoped, today alot more came out cherry red. No pain or fever.

Is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Gary: Having just had a MRI guided Biopsy with no such aftermath, I would say no. I would be in touch with your urologist if it has continued.
  • Posted

I had nothing like what you are experiencing after my biopsies. Just a small amount in my semen. Tell your doctr. Better safe than sorry.
  • Posted

I had some blood in my urine and blood in my semen for about 3 weeks after biopsy. Nurse at clinic warned me before i went home that this would be so. 

It only needs a small amount of blood to satin your urine bright red but if you are woried seek medical advice

• Posted

I its normal to get blood in the urine after a biopsy, your urologist should have explained this, if it goes on to long ask your urologist!  Dont worry wait until you get your biopsy results which will determin which way you go.

stay positive and dont think on the dark side, we are all aware it is a worrying time but dont get ahead of your self, hope your results give you a good outcome

tomt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.