Prostate exam findings......very worried.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, I'm 33, and decided to get a DRE (finger up the bum). The doc said that one side felt "more rounded" than the other, and has booked me in for bloods etc in 2 weeks. 

Luckinly i I have private med care, and have a appointment on Monday with Urologist.

Needless to say, my head is fried.....

my symptoms are lack of sensation when ejaculating, lack of ejaculate (sometimes it's ok), inconsistent stool (I had a foul stinking dark one today, like diarreah....but generally they are less solid are not nice solid choco colured cylinders, more curly and less dense).

no visible blood in pee, poo, no pain when seeing and ejac, very painful mid back pain, but prob due to lifting heavy stuff (I hope) seems to be less severe lately.

also, I don't seem to poo as much as before.

anyways, would love to hear from other similar experiences, and outcomes. Does the "one side feels more rounded" sound familiar? Is the east n my head.....?

im up for a scrap if it is the big c......I've got 2 youngsters boys and a great wife and I'm sticking around.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I would say at your age it is very unlikely to be prostate cancer. It's not unheard of but unlikely. Those I have known (including my other half) to be diagnosed with prostate cancer had no symptoms whatsoever. It was found in a random blood test. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Alfred, this reassurance helps. Every pain and twinge in my body is making me paranoid. Wish I could sleep till Monday and forget about it.!!!
  • Posted

It is most likely some kind of infection... even perhaps prostatus. I agree with Alfred, at your age it should not be cancer. Are you taking any meds that might affect your ejaculation? I was put on Avodart and that caused a reduction in the ejaculate. Then, the doctor added Flomax to the regimen - and that all but reduced it to little to none. I was diagnosed with early stage prostate cancer with low numbers. I was given the option to wait and see, or have it treated and cured. I chose to treat it and be rid of it. I opted for low dose radiation seed implants - Brachytherapy. That was 4 months ago. I am hoping that I will at some point be taken off the Flomax and/or the Avodart. I was told from my urologist that I would be able to... so I am hopeful of that.

Good luck to you,

Charles

• Posted

I am a prostate cancer survivor of 5 years as of April '16. I chose proton therapy with no pain, discomfort and experienced no side effects from it. Before you 'panic', see what the eurogolist says after his examination. He might want to take a biopsy after his examination to determine the results. 

• Posted

I agree with others that the chance of cancer is low.

That said, I would postpone the appointment with the urologist until I had the repost of three tests performed:

psa

urine m/c/s

urinne 3 day cytology

These are needed to help direct the urologist to the next test if needed. If you don't arrive at the urologist with these results you will most likely be sent away to get these done.

if you ever had these tests done, bring those results to the urologist as well.

As to your stools, they are best investigated by a bowel surgeon and not a urologist.

• Posted

Best let your GP and urologist determine if anything is of concern. Id say your gut is going through normal evolution - could be related to diet plus  doing  a lot of physical activity such as lifting, etc.  Don't automatically think its cancer!

• Posted

Hi Mike,

I'm 62

Your symptoms could be a number of things. I'm no Dr but make sure he gives your blood a broard test.

You won't get a Prostate cancer reading from one method of testing only.

I have a family history of Prostate cancer, so it was no surprise that pathology from my TURP came back with

slow growing Prostate cancer last week.

I've a Gleason score of 6 (low)

My Urologist recomends 'Watchful Waiting' - so 6 monthly PSA blood tests.

Stay strong. There are answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.