Pruritus Ani Cured

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, just thought id let people know that after suffering for 8 years i finally figured out what was causing my pruritus ani, it was coffee, tea, coke and bread. After i stopped drinking/eating them it went away with 48 hours, however if i do take them i can almost immediately feel it start up again.

I suffered for years, went to numerous doctors and 2 dermatologists and had no luck, they went down paths that were of no help.

It wasn't until i started playing around with my diet that i noticed certain days were better than others, and through a process of elimination i figured out it was bread, coffee, tea and coke.

I hope this helps someone, as I understand the pain, anxiousness and frustrations it causes, not to mention the lack if sleep!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey there

thanks for posting this. I'm curious though, I've been suffering with this problem for a while now and also drink a lot of diet coke and coffee and occasionally eat bread. is is possible these things can irritate all of a sudden? as I've been drinking / eating them for years!

also how do you relieve it when it is itchy? im in hell

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.