PTSD, frequent blocking and emails telling me to stop contacting him.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I've been connected to a man on and off for the last 2 years who has PTSD. Like a rollercoaster, he is either kind and inquires about me or so I think and wanting to rekindle and the next day, I get a Dear Julie letter requesting that I have no contact with him. He's stonewalled me often. Received one this morning. We've had phone sex many times and while its good for the few minutes, he gets triggered and writes me emails stating that I'm the one to be blamed and accusing me of things that aren't accurate. As if he knows how I feel and speaks for me. He has a low self body image and therefore doesn't want sex in person. Also, I have demonstrated my love for him and he doesn't. I personally think that he's unable to return the love and is pushing me away.

We go to the same meeting once/week and he recently told me to keep my distance. Why hasn't he blocked me as I'm about to? I see that I'm still on Facebook. Also, I've expressed our doing something fun together and he said that when he sees me, he thinks about only sex and that I'm his kryptonite.

I can easily succumb to his level of nastiness, however, I want to rise above and recognize that he has issues. I went through a period thinking that it's personal (which some of it I suppose)and that he just doesn't care for me. I know that's not so as I get lovely compliments from other men and know it myself.

Please advise,

Thank you so much,

Julie

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi Julie, I read your message and must admit stonewalling is a new one on me? i think you have to do what is right for you - if you feel this person doesn't love you then maybe it's best to call it a day? you can't have a relationship with someone if they don't want to know, it takes 2 to make a relationship work. ask him exactly what he wants and then you'll have answer. i wish you luck, i am not being cruel only honest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.