Pulsatile tinnitus both ears

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! i started have pulsatile tinnitus from about one year. The tinnitus stays about 2 months, then goes away for about 2 months and the same in the following period of time. My tinnitus is in the both ears, I feel the pulsations in the head and I have the sensation that I hear it louder in the left ear, but the problem is that something was discovered on the head MRI with and without contrast and head CT without contrast on my right side, more specific in the mastoid bone (from my understanding). Angio MRI looks perfect. Results of head MRI (without and with contrast) were: No signal changes or pathological contrast intakes in favor of space-replacing processes at the level of the supra- and infratentorial, intra- and extraneuraxal brain substance. No diffusion restriction images on the DWI sequences at the level of the cerebral substance. The ventricular system located symmetrically in relation to the median line, normodimensioni. Irregular shaped area, relatively well defined, with inhomogeneous structure, in T1, T2, FLAIR and STIR hypersignal, without obvious diffusion restriction, discrete peripheral gadolinophilic, with approximate dimensions of 9.2/17.6mm, located at the level of the top of the pyramid of the right temporal bone, tangent to the internal carotid artery (petrosal segment) and to the internal auditory canal on the right - requires correlation with a bone skull CT examination. Bilateral facial nerve and vestibulo-cochlear nerve - without pathological signal changes at the level of the internal auditory canal. Frontal, ethmoid, maxillary and sphenoidal sinuses bilaterally without pathological signal changes. Hypertrophy of the mucous membrane with an inflammatory aspect at the level of the inferior nasal turbinates bilaterally. Concha bullosa on the right with dimensions of 13.5/9.2mm. Normal left mastoid pneumatization.

The CT result is: Frontal sinus aplasia.

Concha bullosa right middle nasal horn.

Deviation of the nasal septum to the left.

Opacification of the mastoid cells at the level of the top of the pyramid of the right temporal bone.

The neorosurgeon told me that should be chronic mastoiditis or something like a scar of an old infection, but should also be glomus jugular tumor.

I visited also ENT doctor who told me that is more likely to be glomus jugular tumor than mastoiditis or scar in the mastoid bone or cavity (lately he told me that it's not excluded the mastoiditis).

I'm very scared of the glomus jugular and I want to know if the pulsatile tinnitus should be linked with glomus jugular, taking in account that is not only in the right ear where the formation shows, not permanently, if it's a tumos, shouldn't be constant the tinnitus? mine come and go. The angio MRI shouldn't show the tumor, even if is very small?

Now ENT doc reqired me to do audiometry+impedance and another CT with contrast of the temporal bone (or rock).

Could a Doctor advise? Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.