Question about blood clot

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i have been experiencing an achy feeling in my whole left leg. It comes and goes, but at times its lasting. My leg is not warm to the touch or any discoloration but i guess im just worried. I do have anxiety and it causes me to over think every little thing. My lower back and neck have been bothering me much lately too so i do believe its just radiating down to my leg. If you can give me any advice or input i would be soooo grateful. Thank you so much!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The problem with clots is that we often go through periods of worry unsure if a new clot is forming or if we are being paranoid.  Erring on the side of safety is best.  Go to A&E and tell them in no uncertain terms that you think you might be clotting, backache and throbbing leg are the main symptoms particulalary if you are clotting in your pelvis.  If it is a clot and you wait your leg will swell and even worse damage is done.  A clot is easy for the hospital to rule out.  They do a finger prick D Dimer test with immediate response.  If it is negative you definately do not have a clot, if it isn't negataive they will US scan you.  This is good for clots in the leg but a clot in the deep veins in the pelvis is harder to find, encourage them to keep going until they can (or can not) visualise the flow properly in all your deep veins.
    • Posted

The left leg is typically the side tht clots because the right leg artery crosses the left legs vein and the vein can be crushed between your artery and spine - stopping flow from leg to vena cava.  Collateral veins form to take the flow but they can't do it as well as a functioning iliac vein.  Hence the throbbing and back ache.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it. I am worried as to the pain is coming up into my thigh but its more like an achy feeling that i described. Dont know what to think truthfully. I talked to two nurses and they believe it is sciatic nerve acting up cause the ache is worse when im laying or sitting down. I owe the hospital alot of money from the times i went freaking out about other things just to chalk it up to anxiety. I really dont know what to do. I hate this rolleyes
  • Posted

If you haven't been checked for DVT, I really encourage you to do.  My old GP had the D Dimer test equipment at his surgery.  You could try calling yours and see if they do or ask them to refer you to a&e

• Posted

Its not going too good, but i have been checked for blood clots and i dont have any thankfully. The dr thinks i have a really bad pinched nerve thats sending pain down my whole body. Hopefully will go away soon. How are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.