Question about HPN after a case of shingles

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had shingles in October, but I was feeling discomfort in my abdomen in September. The pain was dull and not unbearable. It was on the left side of my belly button and it felt like a knot or twist or burning sensation at times. I was also having slight indigestion, but the hardest symptom was I was incredibly constipated. I have never been so like this before in my life. I went to the hospital ER and they took a CT scan. They said every thing appeared normal except I had some stool in my colon. They gave me citrate of magnesium and sent me on my way. In October I developed a terrible headache in my temple on the same left side. It was a terrible jolting headache from my temple to the top of my head. It lasted a week and then a rash appeared on my forehead and scalp on the left side. The pain in my abdomen went away and I never got a rash on my abdomen, but I can't help but think they were related depending on how the nerve the virus is in runs. Fast forward to now in December...I have the pain on the left side of my abdomen again, and there is a burning pain up under my ribs like by my diaphram. Sometimes it will start to burn so bad and hurt. At first I thought I was getting shingles again, and maybe the rash would appear on my torso, but so far it is just the pain. Would that be what HPN is? Last night the burning was so intense I was going to go to the ER thinking it was something like a stomach ulcer. Can the shingles damage your organs? I have scheduled an endoscopy and colonoscopy for January and February as that is the soonest they could give me. The doctor wants to make sure it isn't something more. I am very concerned and don't know if I can live with this for another month not really knowing what it is. If you have been through abdominal issues can you please advise me on what to do. It is so hard to get a doctors appointment during the pandemic and my regular doctor (GP) couldn't even see me when I had the shingles. I had to call another doctor in the same hospital system that didn't know me from Adam!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.